ASU MBE Optoelectronics Group

“I am grateful for my time spent in the ASU Molecular Beam Epitaxy group as it afforded me the opportunity to expand on my previous expertise, investigating novel growth strategies for MgCdTe and CdSe, among others. Under Dr. Zhang’s guidance, I participated in proposals and analysis of multicolor infrared photodetectors and second-order nonlinear susceptibility in quantum wells. The broad scope of my research activities in the ASU MBE group is a testament both to the energetic leadership of Dr. Zhang and to the dedication of the group’s graduate students. I look forward to carrying on the skills and knowledge developed in the ASU MBE group to National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), where I will study the MBE growth of novel nitride/oxide semiconductors for wide-bandgap power electronics.”

– Dr. Stephen Schaefer

We wish Dr. Stephen Schaefer farewell as he goes on to join the National Renewable Energy Laboratory. The group would like to gratefully thank Stephen for his many contributions over the past year. We wish him continued success in his future scientific work with NREL.